What Is CBD is an outlet of empirically obtained, scientifically accurate information about the medical properties of not only cannabidiol, but an array of cannabis-derived compounds with biological activity known as cannabinoids. We provide up-to-date info vetted and peer-reviewed by leading minds in both the cannabis and medical industries. We take only the most reputable studies and present them in a highly accurate yet easy to understand way.
What Is CBD is the leading source of information about cannabidiol. We exist to educate the masses about the therapeutic wonders of CBD. We bring science to the people in an easy-to-understand but highly accurate way, so that grandma and her doctor can both learn valuable, actionable information about this incredible natural alternative. Our goal is to not only answer the question, “what is CBD?“, but to explain how it works and why it may be right for you.
If we are successful, our readers will understand that there is indeed always a green alternative. Our focus is on condensing the vast ocean of technical data about CBD into an easily digestible platform with information for people with a basic understanding and for those who can benefit from scientific information that is still not widespread. The organization of the site is outlined below. Our information is organized into three distinct series:
1. Hemp: This section discusses all topics regarding hemp, its industrial uses, new trends in the industrial hemp sector, and nutritional information about hemp seeds as a missing piece of the human diet.
2. Policy: This section considers the many sides of the political debate about CBD, medical cannabis, and cannabis in general. As the discussion evolves, so will our coverage of this globally significant topic.
3. Science: This section is home to information about CBD and cannabinoids in general and the science behind how they work together to cause a profound health effect. If you really want to understand the nature of CBD and cannabinoids, then section is for you. Scientific and peer-reviewed studies are referenced in order to explain why CBD is able to do what it does. We update our database of CBD's value for various conditions and disorders daily, to make the most up-to-date information about CBD available for your consumption
4. Endocannabinoid System (ECS): The endocannabinoid system is the part of our body that is able to respond to and mediate the therapeutic effects of cannabinoids like CBD. An understanding of how the ECS works is vital for an understanding of how CBD works. This section is home to all things regarding the endocannabinoid system of mammals.
5. Blog: Follow the steady modernization of the CBD legal and social environment in our blog series, which also includes protips on the latest CBD trends and new developments in the culture and industry.